Monday, May 2, 2011

The Engagement! November 21, 2010

Here we are at our engagement dinner! November 21st was one of the best days of my life!  Harrison and I talked about getting married for a while and I thought that we would get engaged sometime over the holiday season.  Harrison and I had decided to host Thanksgiving at Harrison's new house and that our parents would meet each other for the first time.  He mentioned that he wanted to cook me dinner at the house and that I should go home to my apartment and change before meeting him back at the house.  When I pulled into the driveway he announced that we were actually going out!  I was a little suspicious...but food is another significant theme in our relationship and we try new restaurants often.  I was very surprised when Harrison pulled up to a small restaurant in a strip center in the Memorial area of town.  When I walked into the restaurant....and saw that the place was empty.....I immediately knew and was absolutely speechless.  After being seated at a small table in the back Harrison immediately asked me to marry him.  Of course I said "Yes"...although the events are really blury now.....Jonathan Levine the personal chef was absolutely amazing.   He worked with Harrison to create a menu of all of our favorite foods.....lobster salad for me, meatballs, beef short ribs, polenta, and a delicious creme brulee for dessert. Harrison presented me with the most incredible DeBeers Aura Round Ring.  Random people stop my in the store, airport, or wherever on a WEEKLY basis to compliment me. He could NOT have done better! The night was PERFECT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment